Tuesday, June 9, 2009

rivenbark wedding

Jeff and I went to a wedding last Saturday...the last one we'll go to for awhile, I guess. All the rest of our peeps are married. A couple in our Sunday School class at church, Adam & Whitney, got married and it was just lovely. We haven't known them that long but we've come to love them just the same. We're so glad we were able to be a part of their special day.

It was during their reception at the fabulous Hilton Riverside in downtown Wilmington that I learned something very important about my camera. Jeff actually mentioned it , and while it was something I'd read about in the manual when I first got my camera, I had forgotten about it. I have a button on the top of my camera that looks like a little flower and you want to use that feature when taking close-up shots of anything. Here's what happens when you take advantage of your camera's features:


Isn't that a really cool shot? It was really dim inside the reception hall so most of the photos I took didn't turn out that great because of that. But this one turned out pretty cool because I could use flash and that cool "flower feature". I love how the tag on the top of the box is really clear & crisp and everything from there out just sort of blurs out. Thanks, babe, for that.

Thought I'd throw this photo in, too, of me and Whitney. I did a little bit of color editing to this one. I played around with filters and blending options, too, but just didn't get any kind of effect that I really liked. We don't really need any editing, do we? :)

1 comment:

Momma said...

Nice touch, Honey Girl! Saw these and other pictures on your Facebook. Loved the centerpiece flowers.....beautiful. You're learning some great things to do with your camera.